The average grocery store spends between $10,000 and $20,000 per year on printed products in a single location. This includes a variety of items, such as:
- Store signage: This includes signs for aisles, departments, and special promotions. Store signage helps customers to find the products they are looking for and to be aware of special offers.
- Product labels: This includes both shelf labels and price tags. Product labels provide customers with important information about the products they are considering purchasing, such as the product name, ingredients, and price.
- Coupons: Grocery stores often print and distribute coupons to their customers. Coupons can encourage customers to purchase specific products or to visit the store more often.
- Circulars: These are weekly or biweekly flyers that advertise upcoming sales and promotions. Circulars provide customers with a convenient way to learn about the latest deals at the store.
- Menus: Many grocery stores offer prepared foods and meals, and they may print menus to display in their stores. Menus help customers to choose the items they want to order and to be aware of the prices.
Why do grocery stores spend so much on printed products?
There are a number of reasons why grocery stores spend so much on printed products:
- To inform customers: Printed products can help to inform customers about products, promotions, and special offers. For example, coupons can encourage customers to purchase specific products or to visit the store more often.
- To improve the customer experience: Printed products can help to improve the customer experience by providing customers with important information and by making it easy for them to find the products they are looking for. For example, store signage and product labels can help customers to find the products they need quickly and easily.
- To enhance brand awareness: Printed products can help to enhance brand awareness by promoting the store’s brand and products. For example, circulars and menus can help to keep the store’s brand top-of-mind for customers.
- To comply with regulations: Some regulations require grocery stores to provide certain information to customers in printed form. For example, nutrition labels must be printed on food products.
How can grocery stores save money on printed products?
There are a number of things that grocery stores can do to save money on printed products:
- Use digital signage: Digital signage can be used to display store signage and promotions electronically. This can save money on printing and maintenance costs.
- Use recycled materials: Grocery stores can use recycled materials for their printed products. This can help to reduce costs and environmental impact.
- Print in bulk: Grocery stores can save money by printing their printed products in bulk. This can help to reduce the per-unit cost of printing.
- Negotiate with vendors: Grocery stores can negotiate with their vendors to get better prices on printed products.
- Use a creative design: Grocery stores can use creative design to make their printed products more eye-catching and engaging. This can help to reduce the amount of printed material that is needed to achieve the desired effect.
By following these tips, grocery stores can save money on printed products without sacrificing the quality or effectiveness of their marketing materials.
In addition to the tips listed above, there are a few other things that grocery stores can do to save money on printed products:
- Use a consistent brand identity: All of your printed products should use the same brand identity, including the same colors, fonts, and logos. This will help to create a cohesive and recognizable brand image.
- Target your audience: Tailor your printed products to your target audience. For example, if you are targeting families with young children, you may want to use bright colors and fun graphics.
- Test your products: Once you have created your printed products, test them with a small group of customers to get feedback. This will help you to identify any areas where your products can be improved.
By following these tips, grocery stores can create printed products that are effective in achieving their marketing goals and save money in the process. Want to decrease you print spending?
PrintGizmo from eLynxx Solutions can help grocery stores reduce their printed material spend by up to 40%. With PrintGizmo, you can streamline your print procurement process, negotiate better prices with vendors, and track your spending more effectively.
Take a self-guided tour of PrintGizmo by clicking here. Afterwards, let’s talk more about how our Commerce-as-a-Service software can start saving your business money on printed materials.
Here are just a few of the ways that PrintGizmo can help grocery stores save money on printed materials:
- Streamline the print procurement process: PrintGizmo provides a centralized platform for managing all of your print procurement needs. This can help to reduce the time and effort involved in ordering and tracking printed materials.
- Negotiate better prices with vendors: PrintGizmo gives you access to a network of vetted vendors or use your current print vendors. You can use PrintGizmo to compare prices and negotiate better deals.
- Track your spending more effectively: PrintGizmo provides detailed reports on your print spending. This data can help you to identify areas where you can reduce costs.
If you’re a grocery store looking to save money on printed materials, I encourage you to take a self-guided tour of PrintGizmo and contact us to learn more about how our software can help you achieve your goals.
Data gathered from:
Mike isn’t just the Director of Marketing at eLynxx Solutions – he’s a customer-whisperer, a growth alchemist, and a trend-spotting oracle all rolled into one. His passion lies in igniting interest in eLynxx’s innovative solutions, fueling the company’s customer base, and using client feedback to steer the industry towards a brighter future.